Character Design - Model & Mask

I want to think about my model, more specifically how I want them to look and how I want them to relate to the video. At the moment I am struggling to find a model in Milton Keynes which is causing some issue as now I am having to come up with a solution to my absent model. I have considered using masks, even if I do feel as though visually the video would look better without. But at the moment I think having my models identity masked will allow a much easier shoot as I can roughly copy everything else except a face.


 I started out by looking into the Anonymous mask, but very quickly found that their mantra was very different from what I wanted for my videos intentions. The Anonymous mask would bring an unwanted aspect to the video.


I then thought more in-depth about what other masks could be used. I steered away from a human face and started looking at latex sheep and pigeon head masks. The sheep mask would work well for the video as my model is following the route and being enticed by the pop up graphics. Though, a latex sheep mask would cause some problems, overheating if the weathers too hot, not being able to see properly and I want to include my person on a lake so safety wise it was a no go and I quickly pushed away these ideas. 



I started thinking about this too much in the panic of not having a model and thought I had come to a stand still. Whilst watching The Lego Movie something which one of the characters said made me laugh and eureka! I needed to find a simplistic human face mask. 


I had another look on a couple of websites and trying to find an "average Joe" mask was a little difficult. I found some craft masks on Amazon which were very bland and basic looking and were close enough for the part.


I thought about what I wanted my "character" to wear and decided on something very basic too, grey hoodie and black trackies. 



Comments

Popular Posts