Fields & Frames - Presentation Submission

Projection Mapping

I wanted to create a piece of work that uses projection mapping and digital drawing. In this I want to show the effects of climate change on non-western climates within a recognizable western landscape. We are desensitized with the devastating effects that climate change can have so by using projection mapping i am hoping to create a living drawing sequence which will display drought, flash floods and super storms, bringing a 2D digital drawing to life. Accompanying the digital drawing is an experimental sound piece which will use sound to create a soundscape relating to the live action and topic of the drawing. 

My last project 


Research & Ideas 




         I researched into:

  • Bioluminescence
  • A.I
  • Mycology 
  • Projection mapping 
  • The Environment  







Development of visuals 

















The Map


The Print 



The "Shooting"




The Editing 








The Result 




The Weaknesses 

  • The mapping wasn't perfect
  • Not feeling confident that the piece works within the gallery context the way I wanted it to 
  • The visual being too cartoonish and therefore gimmicky
  • Sound design 
  • Having to spend so much time exporting/rendering


The Strengths 

  • I have learnt a huge amount on how to create a multi media animated sequence
  • I feel incredibly confident with editing within After Effects 
  • I understand how important the correct rendering settings are 
  • I feel like I have a concept which I have adapted well to fit within the framework of projection mapped "paintings" 
  • I have learned a LOT about managing my time and prioritizing things which are important 


What I want to do next...

























Comments

Popular Posts