Trip 2.0 - Evaluation

I am pleased with some of the effects which I have achieved. Some of them could have been fine tuned more but the process of rendering each clip after the effects were put on were very time consuming and if something went wrong in the process of making the effect there was no undoing for certain things and had to be created again. I had a lot of rendered clips which were tweaked each time.

I would like to thank Elena for lending me her hard-drive to work off of as I have misplaced mine and now have taken up 43GB of her hard-drive.


My favourite effect is the card dance effect where the face begins to turn into these rectangular particles, the impact of this effect is incredibly striking and I really feel as though it brings drama to the end of the sequence.

I would have liked to have experimented with masks more as I know a little about how to create a mask but there are a 100 different ways to apply a mask and create a mask etc, I would have liked to have used a mask for my plant clip as I didn't really feel as though the pot moving and the blinds moving behind were very realistic looking. I really think the bulge effect worked nicely with the turning of the orange and combined with the displacement map worked incredibly well.

The deep dream effect could have been better produced on my behalf as through the generating and transferring of frames from my laptop to my phone into the app and back onto my laptop shuffled my frames and left me with splicing the frame and deleting frames which didn't go in the right order (always name your files in sequential order even if you think you know what you're doing) and having to nest and extend the duration of the sequence by slowing it down didn't give the fast paced changing of the details as much as I would have liked and didn't really follow the camera motion as I set out for it to do.

Overall, I am happy with the effects I have created and have a mild addiction to the feeling of creating something really different and interesting using after effects (even if the software does have a mare every now and then) and would love to continue learning different effects and integrate them into my future video projects. I wish that I had more of a better understanding of how to create a better work flow as the processing of everything took a long time and feel as though a lot of my silly little mistakes could have been avoided by having a better work flow.

Comments

Popular Posts