I hate after effects



So I officially hate after effects, this software is unnecessarily complex and unusable. I started out by creating my composition for my duel screen in after effects. Not a problem. Then I started working on my animations for my car window screen, I needed to track the camera motion so it follows the motion of the car so it looks realistic. I waited over an hour for the camera track to work and then another half and hour for the software to do nothing it appeared. It finally decided it wanted to work and create a camera track for my first animation, this is where I went wrong and this is were the software is stupid. By only creating one camera solid it meant that I couldn't go back and add another like you would think instead of having to overload your workspace with null solids. I went back into the composition after creating my first animation to add another camera solid and it wouldn't let me. I then thought that it would work if I allowed the camera to be tracked again but this silly software wouldn't allow that either. I tried deleting my right side composition which I was working from as I thought this was the problem and recreated the right side composition again and began to repeat the process and yet again it wouldn't allow me to complete this simple action. I hate after effects. Now I am at a stand still. I will have to go back and repeat everything from scratch. Everything. Thank you Adobe for creating an insufferable software full of kinks.

Comments

  1. The thing with After Effects is that it requires computers with fast processors, usually far more powerful than we have in our laptops. This is why I urged people to use the computers in W104 because they are the fastest computers that we have access to. The software is complex as you have noted and you are working with large file sizes all of which slows an ordinary laptop down. I am afraid it is your computer rather than the software that is the problem in this case.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts