Initial Ideas paper

I made some notes as ideas came to me and these are my jottings:


Homelessness - I thought I could create a video about homelessness in Milton Keynes however I would prefer it to be documentary style rather then an experimental video so I have stayed away from this idea
Make-up - Faces, I thought about physical manipulations of the face and maybe even body modifications. I like this idea but I might save this idea for the duel screen video.
Shoot colours for a day - I intially started out looking at music in relation to visual and started to go off this idea and started thinking about how I could included natural abstract shapes and colour in video.
Consumerism - This topic is a favourite of mine as I love to read into anything that is against big companies and government lies (I've got to keep amused somehow) and thought about looking into this theme again but from a different angle. 
Chance! - After a brief chat with Anne, we talked about the idea of a chance encounter, I really like this idea but I'm not too sure I have the confidence to wait and allow something to happen and waste any time. 


1-1 w/ Anne notes

Light drawing - I discussed my idea of creating a video using my photographic knowledge and something which I have never really explored within photography was light drawing, I've seen some amazing photographs which are full of colour and light and feel inspired to create a sort of stop motion video. The concept unclear at this stage though. 
Sculpting faces & Plastic Surgery - I mentioned the idea of make-up and body mods and Anne suggested looking into plastic surgery. 


Whilst out for dinner I was having a discussion about how allowing apps to have your location all the time is a little but freaky and thought about creating a video based on GPS tracking. I quickly thought about using a split screen to show the GPS on one side and video on the other. Though this idea seems a little daunting as I have no idea about how GPS works or how to even create a split screen video but this idea has me very excited. 

I decided to create my experimental video on GPS tracking. 



------------------------------

I started to create a sort of storyboard (I am very bad at storyboarding and try to avoid it as humanly possible) of ideas of shots and some very badly scribbled notes about this idea of GPS tracking. 

(I am very sorry Anne I do not know how to rotate this image in Blogger) (hopefully you're not turning your computer upside-down!)


With a somewhat vague idea of potential shots and some scribblings about what to look at, I will begin my research and planning of my experimental video. 





Comments

Popular Posts