Filming

With little knowledge of how to create an experimental film first hand, I set off into the heart of Milton Keynes with a man in a mask and my camera....

4th April - Today I went out and started to scout some of the locations on my route, I managed to cover Oldbrook, the city centre, Leadenhall, Bradwell Common and Conniburrow though these are only 7 of the many locations I need to walk through I still feel as though I have covered enough ground to stay motivated. The day was very sunny; which caused a little bit of a problem with some shots, however the footage which is overexposed was very much out of my hands as I was outside, shooting at 200 ISO at 22f/. Not being able to change this means that I will go and reshoot some of these locations again. I set out initially to have my audio for the video to be diegetic sounds but after spending an hour trying to fix my audio from today and not having any equipment available I need an external microphone to help capture better sound. Luckily though, I'm an impulse buyer when it comes to technology and got a microphone coming in the post tomorrow, oops. 

5th April - Today I went out and covered the other half of the inner eye. The weather was against me a lot today as it kept showering and was overcast which is annoying as the rest of the weekend is set out to be super sunny which will not look good when it comes to editing it all together. I will have to reshoot these location on a sunnier day. covered : Netherfield, ouzel valley park, Middleton and Milton Keynes Village and Willen Lake. 

6th April: This shoot went very well, I planned this day to be with my model all day, we started back at Oldbrook and followed the same route until we were tired of filming in the hot sun! The brightness caused over exposure in some shots but I believe can be corrected in post production. I even managed to convince my model to go into the kayak for my across the pond part of my film. Most of the camera tracking shots are very unstable but without a gimbal or tracks I may have to reshoot using a camera with stabilization built into the camera.

7th april - Today I planned to go out and take my establishing shots, I knew what I wanted to shoot before going out which greatly helped the flow of the day. I started filming the Xscape shot and then bridges and roundabouts etc. 

13th - 15th April - The reshooting. After looking back at my shots some of them are not salvageable due to the shakiness of myself and camera. I have asked a friend if I can use their new camera with built in stabilisation to use their camera for my tracking shots to gain the smoothness which I desire. They also offered to model for me as my first model had to back out at short notice. The change in their appearance shouldn't be too noticeable as they are near enough wearing the same clothing except for a few details. I am much happier that I planned a reshoot in the process of planning as this has greatly saved my video. 

(the thumbnails aren't in any order they're my transcoded rushes sorry!)


Comments

Popular Posts